We’ve made it through the first week of SBG! In case you missed it, Clara posted the week one challenges here. (You can’t do those challenges any more for points, but feel free to do them for fun!) Now that she’s started everything off, the second post seems quite simple! So, shall we begin?
(For those of you just signing up or if you’d like to review the rules, the introductory post I posted is right here.)
WHAT TO DO:
You have until the end of this week to complete however many of the 35 challenges below you wish to do. This is the only week that you’ll be able to complete these challenges.
When you’ve completed all the challenges you’d like to for the week, submit your points using the survey included in this post (see it below). Please try to submit your results just once per week. I suggest waiting until the end of the week to submit the survey.
And now for the week two challenges! You don’t have to eat any onions this week, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be anything… bizarre. *raises eyebrows dramatically* The numbers in bold are how many points you’ll get for the challenges.
- Make a collaged face from a magazine (or magazines). 3
- Go outside with your camera (or phone), and sit in one place for at least five minutes. Take pictures of anything within your camera’s reach. 2
- Wear a hat (except at times when it might not be proper etiquette (i.e. prayer)) from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. 4
- Make a vinegar-and-baking-soda volcano. 2
- Make a flower chain/flower crown. If you don’t know how to, check out Loren’s post here. 2
- Take a cold shower. 3
- Make a paper boat and sail it in some water. 3
- Take a video of yourself reenacting a scene from your favorite movie. 4
- Draw a picture using only paper and things found outside (berries, grass, sticks, etc.). 2
- Make a short book with words and drawings inside. (To make it just fold your papers in half and staple them that way, then write in it. If you want it to be a smaller book, cut to size) 2
- Ask your mom or dad to give you a chore to do (and then do it). 2
- Draw a self-portrait (and try to make it detailed.) 4
- Take a picture of the sunset or sunrise for at least 3 days in a row. 3
- Pick a color and find foods that are all that color. Then plan and have an outdoor picnic with the food. 10 (megapoints)
- Create a petition for something ridiculous (examples: “Save the Unicorns”, “Ban Peanut Butter”) and ask at least 4 people that you aren’t related to to sign it. 10 (megapoints)
- Make a giantly tall sandwich (any kind works)! 3
- Find 3 random words you didn’t know before in the dictionary, and use them (correctly) in 1 day. 4
- Find 3 edible things in your fridge that start with the same letter, (example: Barbecue sauce, Butter, and Banana) and 3 edible things in a drawer or cabinet that start with the same letter (example: Garlic salt, Green food coloring, and Gum) and mix them together. If you have to melt them together, that’s fine. Then take three bites of it and swallow. 10 (megapoints)
- Celebrate National French Fry Day on July 13th. 2
- Write a 600 word comment on a blog (other than your own) in your own words (no copy and pasting allowed). 4
- Tape a dollar to a vending machine, or put three quarters in different vending machines (and don’t use them yourself). 4
- Smile for 30 minutes. 4
- Microwave a grape. (Slice a grape in half longways but leave a little skin so you can open it like a book. Open it and place it in the microwave. Turn the microwave on and be ready to turn it off. In 10-15 seconds you should see spark shooting off the grape! Turn off your microwave after those 10-15 seconds. Don’t let the grape cook longer.) 2
- Mix up the perfect mud pie and bake it in the sun. 2
- Take pictures of you posing five different ways on different objects at a playground 3
- Take a selfie with an animal. 2
- Dress up as a seahorse. 3
- 3 points each for any of the following: 10 push-ups, 25 jumping jacks, or 15 sit-ups.
- Find and follow 10 new blogs. 3
- Make a sculpture out of toothpaste and paper. 3
- Make a yummy dessert for your family. 4
- Press some flowers in a book or under a heavy object so that they dry flat. 1
- Draw a mustache on yourself and wear it the whole day. 10 (megapoints)
- Look up a pretty font and try to copy it for a favorite verse or quote. 1
- Go to 7-Eleven on July 11th and get a free Slurpee. 4
Yay, this is so exciting! And is it just me, or are there a lot of food ones in here? XD Maybe challenge #28 will make up for that. Anyway, if you have any questions about the challenges, the game, or anything else, don’t hesitate to contact us at summerboredgames(at)gmail(dot)com. We’re happy to help! Read on for a few more important details:
If you’d like to print off a checklist for this week, CLICK HERE. This is most helpful for checking off challenges, plus you can easily take it with you for a quick reference. 🙂
If you take any photos of your completed challenges (or your funniest challenge fails!), we would LOVE to see them! Send your pictures to us at summerboredgames(at)gmail(dot)com, and we’ll pick our favorites to include in the final post! (If you’re just completing the challenges just for fun and haven’t signed up, we’d still love to see your photos!)
HINT HINT!! XD (I really love seeing your photos. Or hearing any feedback!)
So now that you’ve eaten slurpees and french fries (and perhaps done a few jumping jacks to even it out) you can fill out the week 2 form! Just click the image below to submit your points:
Click that graphic and it should take you right to the form! Please be honest – seriously guys! It will make it far less fun for everyone (including us hosts!) if you don’t tell the truth. Mostly we just want you guys to enjoy doing this!
Now it’s time for…
8: Anna P.
6: Julia Rose
Good job everyone!
Alright, that concludes the week two post. You have until 11:59 PM EST on July 14th to complete as many challenges as you can and submit your points. Good luck and have fun!!
favorite challenge this week?
slurpees or french fries?