FEATURED IMAGE MADE BY CHARIS.
Here is my semi-celebratory blog post for 1,000 followers. Boring Into Beautiful Photography Contest is back! (Ugh, I really wish I had named it something else but I don’t want to change everything now. BIBPC it shall have to be.)
What is BIBPC?
BIBPC (Boring Into Beautiful Photography Challenge/Contest) is a contest created by yours truly in which photographers are formed into teams, given a category, and then take pictures based on the category. Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that, so I’ve included guidelines below.
Lots of people have already done BIBPC (has anyone done all four BIBPCs yet? I was thinking maybe Christian Homeschooler had) but I’d still like everyone to read over the rules. Like always, a few things have changed. 🙂 The new/updated rules are in bold.
Who Can Enter?
Anyone who has some sort of camera or access to a camera and is 18 or younger. If you are a blogger, you can post your photos. But don’t worry – if you don’t have a blog you can still enter. (See “For Non-Bloggers”)
How Does This Work?
On August 12th I will post the first category + who is on what team. Then you will have five days to take your photo and post it on your blog/add it to a page on your blog, or send me the photo using the other methods that will be available. I will give you an official deadline, but if you can squeeze your photo in before I start writing the post for the next category I can usually let it slide. 😉 Four to six days after the first category was posted, I’ll post the second category along with combined scores of each team. I also will post my personal favorite of the photos entered. Then 4-6 days after that I’ll post the third category and so on. There are seven categories, so I estimate that the last category will be posted sometime in the second week of September. I might occasionally lower the deadline to four days, depending on if I know I’ll be able to post the next category on that date or not. There are no prizes for the winners. This contest is just for fun. 🙂
Also, on a side note, I’d love to hear any categories ideas you come up with!
How Are the Photos Scored?
I may or may not come up with an option for bonus points. If I do, the max score you’ll be able to get is 17 points for your photo, depending on the quality, creativeness, and how well you stuck to the category. I don’t think I’ve ever given a photo that high of a score though. 🙂 If I choose your photo as my favorite, your team will get an extra 5 points.
How Do I Enter?
- Comment below and tell me your two top picks for the team you’d like to be on. I can’t promise that you’ll be on one of them, but I can try.
- Tell me whether you will be using a blog or not. If you will be, then please comment with the address of the blog you will be posting your entries on, and whether you’ll be posting each picture in a separate post or on a page.
- This isn’t required, but it would be helpful to say what type of camera you’ll be using the most. (phone/ipod/tablet, digital camera, or DSLR) This will be helpful in making sure that one team doesn’t have five DSLRs and the other five iPhones, simply because it’s likely that the DSLRs will get more quality points.
- This isn’t required either, but it would be nice if you could tell me whether or not you expect to be able to post a photo for every category. In past BIBPCs some people on one team weren’t able to post many photos whereas almost everybody on another team posted their entry for just about every category.
How Do I Post My Photo?
Simply insert your photo into a post or page, and then comment on my blog with a link to your post! I do often check blogs if they haven’t commented with their entry, but it makes a lot less work for me if you comment with a link to your post. In your comment, it would be very nice if you could say your team’s name. Even if you do say it in your post, it makes it easier for me if you comment your team with each link you give me. Also, it’s nice if you tag your post with “BIBPC #5”
This is a change from the previous BIBPCs, but you can now edit your photos! You can adjust the color and exposure, and you can crop and straighten your photo but that’s all.
There are two options for any non-bloggers that would like to enter. They are…
- Using a Polldaddy survey. I will link to a BIBPC “survey” I’ve made when I post the first category. If you use this way, you may have to resize your photo because Polldaddy doesn’t allow big file sizes.
- Pinning your photo to a collaborative BIBPC #5 board. I have made a BIBPC #5 Pinterest board for anyone who would like to enter their photos this way. If you want to enter your photos this way, you can comment right HERE on the BIBPC #5 sign-up pin after you’ve already commented on this post saying you want to participate in BIBPC #5. I’ll add you to the list of contributors and you can pin your entries to there!
If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to tell me!
And now, for the unveiling of the BIBPC #5 teams!
It’s not unusual for me to forget something in these types of posts, so if you have any questions or if something is missing or has changed from the last BIBPC, do tell!
And now it’s time for SIGNING UP! *confetti*
are you entering?
do you have any ideas for categories?
P.S Enni is doing a Poe In My Pocket Poetry Challenge @ Poe In My Pocket!