Hello everyone! Today I have an interview with Grace from the blog The Girl Upstairs.
- What is your favorite thing to post about?
I love posting about my life and the experiences I’ve had.
- Why did you start blogging, was there anyone that inspired you?
I began blogging to express myself and share bits of my craziness with the world!
- When did you decide to post about non-doll things?
Around the time when I started getting more interested in writing and photography.
- Why did you switch to WordPress?
For many reasons, actually. First off, I loved WordPress’s features and the cool things you can do with it. I also loved the fact that you can comment easily without creating an account. Although I’ve met so many amazing people through Blogger, I’ve met so many more people with WordPress.
- How did you think up your blog title?
This is a funny story, actually! My first public blog, Our American Girl Dollhouse, was written from my doll’s perspective. I knew that I wanted to post from the perspective of me, the human, but I couldn’t just call myself “the human.” I thought back to The Lego Movie (everything is awesome! xD). The human in it is called The Man Upstairs – I replaced Man with Girl and – viola!
- What’s a funny memory you have from when you were younger?
When I was younger I slept in my parents’ room sometimes. I remember once going to sleep with my Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz costume on and reading under the covers.
- List a few blogs you love, they don’t have to be your favorite.
A Barefoot Gal, Happy House of AG, A Farm Girl’s Life, Spreading My Joy, Small Dolls in a Big World, Clara’s Craft Corner, Little House of American Girl, and so many more!
- Why do you think it’s good to reply to comments?
I love getting to know my readers through their comments and being able to build a bond with them.
- What’s a big blog-related pet-peeve?
When someone double-posts or does a quick, thrown-together post with almost no meaning whatsoever behind it.
- Who would you vote for (besides yourself) in the Blogger’s Election?
Misty, Loren, Megan, and Allison. 🙂
- What is your favorite smell?
- What is one post you’ve made that took a really long time?
- Writing, Dolls, Blogging, or Photography?
I love them all! But if I had to pick only one, I suppose blogging, because it includes all of these things. 😉
Thanks for doing this, Grace! 🙂 It was a bunch of fun.
And before I go, guys, I’d like to ask you to pray for my cousin who is having heart surgery now. 😥