We made these mints in about an hour, but the hardest thing was covering them with chocolate. The rest was easy.
Here is the recipe
Homemade Chocolate Covered Mints
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 5 Tbs butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- green food coloring (start with a couple drops and add more until desired color is achieved)
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 10 oz chocolate candy coating
- Combine corn syrup, butter, extract, salt, and food coloring in a medium size bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until mixture is too stiff to stir.
- Add more powdered sugar and knead mixture until it no longer sticks to your hands, adding more powdered sugar as necessary. (LOTS of powdered sugar right!)
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on trays or baking sheets lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten with a flat-bottomed cup or your hand. (Or you can roll them out the right thickness with a rolling pin and then cut them out)
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip the candies into the melted chocolate with a fork, tap off the extra, and place back on the waxed paper.
- Repeat until all candies have been coated.
- Let candies set up until chocolate is firm before storing in an airtight container.
I got this recipe from momontimeout.com